Replaces native search with Sphinx search, an external search engine. Search works better, server load is decreased, and results become more trustworthy.
According to recent surveys, about 30% site visitors will use its search bar to find something, and search term data provides valuable insight into what your users are interested in. If you have had a good website online with various products, affordable costs and the best services, it is very important to equip a powerful search engine on your site. Sphinx Search extension for Magento 2 by Magenest is one of the best solution which help you solve this problem.
Sphinx Search extension for Magento 2 by Magenest takes advantage of the renowned Sphinx, which is an open source full text search engine optimized for performance, search quality and integration simplicity. The extension is capable of indexing the store content and enable customers to search for their desired products and categories.
- Indexing the store content, including products and categories, and neatly store them in the server
- Specify a list of synonyms for better search relevance.
- Specify a list of stopwords for less unrelevance search results.
- Specify maximum number of results.
- Specify replace words which will be applied in search queries.
- Specify frequently searched terms.
- Specify related search terms.
- Specify additional index and search daemon configuration.
- Fast and relevant search results.
How does it work
- We created a new Magenest Sphinx menu which allows merchants to configure and manage Sphinx extension.
- In order to start using our extension, admin need to set configuration by clicking on the Sphinx Search > Configuration .
- There are three tabs that admin need to consider, include:
- Search Engine Configuration
- Host Configuration
- Search Settings
- Go to
Magenest > Stopwords.
- Admin will view and manage all of stopwords here.
- Stopwords are words that they are not really useful for searching. So, it is necessary for admin to remove these words in the real search phrase entered by customers.
- In order to create a new stopword, admins only click on
Add New Stopword
- button. Then
- will be shown.
- button to complete.
- Synonyms Go to
Magenest > Synonyms.
- Admin will view and manage all of synonyms here.
- Synonyms are words which have the same or nearly the same meaning. This feature allows customers to find not only search phrase but also its synonyms entered by admin in search results.
- In order to create a new synonym, admins only click on
Add New Synonym
- button. Then New stopword will be shown.
- button to complete.
- Indexes Go to
Magenest > Indexes.
- page will be shown.
- There are two tabs that admin need to consider, include:
- 100% Open source
- Easy to install and configure
- User-friendly interface