When you make an online transaction, for example, buy a camera, and choose to pay by Visa Card, what issue you care most? It must be security, right? Your money needs to be transferred to the right account and your personal information is under high protection to avoid to be stolen for illegal purposes.
PCI, which stands for Payment Card Industry, is about security during the online payment process. With the internet explosion, PCI serves customers from all over the world on the move 24/7.
For store owners, it’s extremely important to be PCI Compliant because once online shoppers trust in your system security, they dare to use their debit or credit cards to purchase your products or services.
Actually, PCI Compliance is beneficial for merchants as well. Both customers and service providers are kept safe from fraud during the credit card payment process.
Being PCI Compliant is essential for all business models and of course, subscription and recurring payment is not an exception.
In this article, Magenest will give you the answer to the question: Is recurring payment in Magento 2 Subscription and Recurring Payment PCI Compliant?
First of all, let’s get started with some definitions.
What is PCI compliance?
Basically, it’s a continuous process: Access. Remediate and Report, and mentored by PCI Security Standard Council (PCI SSC). This process has to meet the standard called Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) including 12 requirements for any business that stores, processes or transmits payment cardholder data.
- Access: Inventory of your IT assets and business processes for payment card processing is taken, and then analyzed for vulnerabilities that could expose cardholder data.
- Remediate: Those vulnerabilities are fixed.
- Report: entails the compilation of records required by PCI DSS to validate remediation, and submission of compliance reports to the acquiring bank and card payment brands you do business with.
PCI Compliance is recognized to halt thе risk оf credit card data theft effectively worldwide. It ensures a safer financial environment fоr customers аnd businesses.
Customers want to know whether your website is secured or not. And it’s good to know that Magento works all that communication with gateways over the API, so your store does not store any customers’ data.
Default Magento is PCI Compliant.
Magento 2 Subscription and Recurring payment from Magenest provides merchants all the necessary functionalities:
- Create unlimited flexible subscription plans
- Support Paypal, Authorize.net payments (DPM)
- Manage customers and subscription profiles
- Trial plans for customers to try your subscription
- Highly secured subscriptions.
PCI Compliance is one of the most important issues that all merchants from all over the world concern about. Now you know that Recurring payment in Magento 2 Subscription and Recurring payment is PCI Compliant.
I hope that you will be ready to install this extension to your online store. I’m sure that you will be more than satisfied!