Fix Magento 2.3 issues right now!
For customers who have already on the newest version of Magento Commerce, we sadly to inform you that the Magento team have identified a security vulnerability you need to be aware of.
On October 2019, Magento released an update for Magento 2.3.3. One of the issues addressed in this update mitigates a critical vulnerability that allows remote code execution through a crafted Page Builder template - CVE-2019-8144.
How to fix
For different versions of Magento Commerce
- For Magento 2.3.1— Install the MDVA-22979_EE_2.3.1_v1 patch now and then schedule your upgrade to 2.3.3 or 2.3.2-p2 as soon as possible
- For Magento 2.3.2 — Install the MDVA-22979_EE_2.3.2_v1 patch now, then schedule your upgrade to 2.3.3 or 2.3.2-p2 as soon as possible
- Instructions to Install the patch:
- For Magento Cloud customers: Ensure they are on or have upgraded to, the latest version of ece-tools (2002.0.22 or higher). In either case, redeploy your entire instance and the patch will be installed automatically.
For On-premise customers
Download and install the patch from the My Account/Downloads tab if you’re on 2.3.1 or 2.3.2 2.
So please quickly check the performance of the page and server for signs of compromise. You should restart the server to remove any activities that are running in memory only.
Besides, it’s important to review all administrative and third-party user accounts (including application accounts at support.magento.com and accounts.magento.com). You should pay extra attention to any administrative logins from unknown IP’s or newly created administrative accounts that are unrecognized.
For more safety, you can:
- Reset all administrative user account passwords
- Rotate all SSH access keys.
- Remove any unknown or unused accounts you identify.
Contact Magenest for more support and problem fixing!
How to Get and Set Config Value programmatically in Magento 2August 13, 2019
How to send email in Magento 2 programmaticallyMay 1, 2019
How to modify quote, order totals in Magento 2December 26, 2019
Christmas 2019: Grab the best M2 extension deals nowDecember 18, 2019
Cyber Monday 2019: Super Deals for Magento 2 ExtensionsNovember 25, 2019
eCommerce Homepage: The top 10 must-have elements!January 9, 2020
New Year Sale for Perfect Magento 2 Extension PackagesJanuary 9, 2020
How to configure Table Rate Shipping Method in Magento 2January 7, 2020